As a small business owner, you want to maximise the reach of your social media posts on platforms such as Twitter.
So what is the best time to post on Twitter?
Sprout Social, a social media management platform has analysed their customer data to see what time and day their customers’ social media posts generated the most engagement. And after examining their aggregate engagement data on Twitter, Sprout Social pinpointed the days and times -- Central Time Zone (CST) -- that could generate the most engagement on the platform for your brand.
- Best times to post on Twitter: Wednesday at 9 a.m. and Friday at 9 a.m.
- Best days: Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to post on Twitter.
- Most consistent engagement: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Worst day: Saturday gets the least engagement.
- Lowest engagement: Occurs every day from 10 p.m–4 a.m.
As people start their day, they take a moment to catch up on Twitter updates from their areas of interest. Other peak hour is the lunch time. After this time, engagement on Twitter starts dropping off.