As a small business owner, you want to maximise the reach of your social media posts on platforms such as Instagram.
So what is the best time to post on Instagram?
Sprout Social, a social media management platform has analysed their customer data to see what time and day their customers’ social media posts generated the most engagement. And after examining their aggregate engagement data on Instagram, Sprout Social pinpointed the days and times -- Central Time Zone (CST) -- that could generate the most engagement on the platform for your brand.
- Best times to post on Instagram: Wednesday at 11 a.m. and Friday at 10–11 a.m.
- Best day: Wednesday is the overall best day to post to Instagram
- Most consistent engagement: Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m–3 p.m.
- Worst day: Sunday receives the least amount of engagement on Instagram
- Lowest engagement: Occurs during late night and early morning from 11 p.m.–3 a.m.
While Instagram engagement peaks mid-day and mid-week, there are a few opportune windows found in the evening and morning during the middle of the week.