As a small business owner, you want to maximise the reach of your social media posts on platforms such as Facebook.
So what is the best time to post on Facebook?
Sprout Social, a social media management platform has analysed their customer data to see what time and day their customers’ social media posts generated the most engagement. And after examining their aggregate engagement data on Facebook, Sprout Social pinpointed the days and times -- Central Time Zone (CST) -- that could generate the most engagement on the platform for your brand.
- Best times to post to Facebook: Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Best day: Wednesday is the best day to post on Facebook.
- Most consistent engagement: Weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Worst day: Sunday has the least amount of engagement for Facebook during the week.
- Lowest engagement: Early mornings and evenings, before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. have the least amount of engagement per day.
The middle of each weekday, from morning to mid-afternoon, are safe times to post, meaning engagement remains consistent throughout these blocks of time.