Please make sure that your internet speed is up to the task!
Your internet speed can define what kind of video conferencing experience you will have.
Please see below some advice on how to work best from home:
- Make sure you have all the office tools you need to work from home. Laptop, passcodes, network access to your office applications and instructions for remote login.
- Minimise distractions and noises from others in your household. Ideally, you can want to work from a separate bedroom or a living room. So create a dedicated office space at home.
- Use digital collaboration tools to communicate with colleagues. Use tools like Google Hangouts, Skype, Slack or Microsoft Teams to stay in touch with you colleagues.
- Discuss with your manager about child-care challenges.
- Take steps to improve your internet speed, specially if many members of your family are watching Netflix or YouTube videos at the same time.
- Fight the feeling of isolation.
- Maintain regular hours, set a schedule, and stick to it most of the time so that you can create a home office rhythm to stay focused and get things done.